- 02-Apr-2013 to 28-Apr-2013 (CST)
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- $13.75/hour (during training); $15.60 (after training)
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
Includes: company issued vehicle, uniform/shoes. Medical, dental, life, short-term disability, long-term disability and 401(k).
Plunkett's Pest Control is a 3rd generation, family-owned company in business since 1915. We service commercial and residential clients in 10 states in the upper Midwest. We are large enough to be nationally recognized in the industry (19th in overall revenue in U.S.), yet small enough to maintain a "family" environment. Plunkett's was recently named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in the StarTribune, a newspaper in the Twin Cities. We are well-known for the high quality of our service.
Job Opening: Heat Operator Technician
Location: Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN) Area
This position is responsible for delivering professional pest prevention to our clients using a heat treatment process. Provides consistent, friendly, best-in-class service to our clients.
Essential Job Duties
• Drive company vehicle and trailer of heat equipment to client sites to provide pest prevention services.
• Prepare the environment to be treated including moving furniture, equipment, and other materials in order to access areas to be treated or inspected.
• Set up, monitor and tear down equipment as needed for heat treatments.
• Work to exceed client expectations. Make suggestions to clients on how to avoid pest problems when appropriate.
• Work flexible schedule as required to meet client expectations, including weekend and evening.
• Work in a safe manner by adhering to OSHA, state requirements, and Plunketts' policies and procedures.
• Participate fully in training opportunities to enhance knowledge and to meet requirements for licensing and safety standards.
• Maintain proper inventory of tools, equipment, and materials in company vehicle and on heat trailer to complete all work and tasks assigned.
• Projects a professional image. Is friendly, pleasant, courteous, and professional when dealing with internal and external clients.
• Is able to perform effectively with minimal direction, support, or approval and without direct supervision.
• Adapts quickly to change and work under tight deadlines.
• A self-starter who effectively organizes own work and completes on timely basis. Acts dependably to get things done right the first time.
• Behaves in accordance with Plunkett's commitment, mission statement and vision; follows company procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Read and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manual.
• Requires communication through telephone conversations and face-to-face discussions with clients and staff
• Able to use computer-based applications such as: PDA (Pestpac) and e-mail.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, ability to speak effectively to clients or Plunkett's employees.
• Lift/push/pull up to 100 lbs. Extensive bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling. Reaching overhead. Climbing a ladder, work in confined spaces, walk for long periods of time. Sit for long periods of time.
• The employee is required to regularly drive a company vehicle between client sites and will be required to maintain a DOT certificate.
• Must have a valid driver's license and safe driving record
• Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends when necessary.
Benefit package includes company issued vehicle, uniform/shoes. Medical, dental, life, short-term disability, long-term disability and 401(k).
If you meet the job requirements and are interested in this job opportunity, please complete online application at http://www.plunketts.net/employment/open-positions
Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!