- 31-Jul-2013 to 21-Aug-2013 (CST)
- Decatur, IL, USA
- 1st yr. potential: $30,000 to $35,000.00
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
Company issued vehicle, uniform/shoes. Medical, dental, life, short-term disability, long-term disability and 401(k).
Plunkett's Pest Control is a 3rd generation, family-owned company in business since 1915. We service commercial and residential clients in 10 states in the upper Midwest. We are large enough to be nationally recognized in the industry (19th in overall revenue in U.S.), yet small enough to maintain a "family" environment. Plunkett's was recently named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in the StarTribune, a newspaper in the Twin Cities. We are well-known for the high quality of our service.
Job Opening: Pest Control Technician
Location: Decatur, IL Area
This position is responsible for effectively managing a route and delivering professional pest control and inspection services to existing clients. Sell additional programs and services to existing customers and develop new business by introducing self and company to new businesses in assigned territory. Provide consistent, friendly, best-in-class service to our clients.
Essential Job Duties
• Drive company vehicle to client sites to provide pest prevention services in a professional and safe manner. Schedule new accounts into existing established route.
• Work to exceed client expectations. Make suggestions to clients on how to avoid pest problems when appropriate.
• Involve others in solving client pest problems when solutions are unclear.
• Seek out potential clients, build route density by finding new prospective clients and look for ways to add value to existing clients.
• Manage schedule and route to find ways to include unscheduled events into daily route.
• Participate fully in training opportunities to enhance knowledge and to meet requirements for licensing and safety standards.
• Work in a safe manner by adhering to OSHA, state requirements, and Plunketts' policies and procedures.
• Maintain proper inventory of tools, equipment, and materials in company vehicle to complete all work and tasks assigned.
• Projects a professional image. Is friendly, pleasant, courteous and professional when dealing with internal and external clients.
• Is able to perform effectively even with minimal direction, support or approval and without direct supervision.
• Adapts quickly to change and work under tight deadlines.
• A self-starter who effectively organizes own work and completes on timely basis. Acts dependably to get things done right the first time.
• Behaves in accordance with Plunkett's commitment, mission statement and vision; follows company procedures.
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to read and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manual.
• Requires communication through telephone conversations and face-to-face discussions with clients and staff
• Able to use computer-based applications such as: PDA (PestPac) and e-mail.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, ability to speak effectively to clients or Plunkett's employees.
• Lift/push/pull up to 100 lbs. Extensive bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling. Reaching overhead. Climbing a ladder, work in confined spaces, walk for long periods of time. Sit for long periods of time.
• Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends when necessary..
• Tolerate a variety of environmental conditions, seasonal weather, damp locations, and dusty locations
• Utilize application equipment, inspection equipment & small hand tools
• Exceptional client service skills, team player
• Self-starter with strong analytical problem-solving skills, detail oriented
• Must have a valid driver's license and safe driving record
Benefit package includes company issued vehicle, uniform/shoes. Medical, dental, life, short-term disability, long-term disability and 401(k).
If you meet the job requirements and are interested in this job opportunity, please complete online application at http://www.plunketts.net/employment/open-positions
Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!